Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'd take a bullet for my Bernina.

Drastic, I know, but I REALLY do love my Bernina.

It's the only machine I ever vividly remember using! My very very very first machine was hand operated and I do not remember the name... but my mom bought it for me thinking my wanting to sew, like her, was just a phase. A year later, my grandparents bought me a Bernette (Bernina's little sister). I used that machine all throughout middle school and high school. When I entered college, my mom upgraded and passed down her Bernina 1000, and I loved it dearly. For Christmas my senior year of college, I was presented with a Bernette 234 serger from the 1970's. It's heavy and all metal; much more reliable than today's plastic ones in my opinion. ***Why move from machine to serger? One of my major's was drama and my thesis was in costume design. I wanted something sturdier than a sewing machine, and would save me the time of double stitching all my seams.*** Finally, my grandmother passed down her EXTRA Bernina 1130 when I mentioned that I needed to take my machine back and forth from school to home to sew costumes for our spring production. She just "happened to have an extra one" from when she and pop-pop sold the beach house. Who has extra Bernina's lying around the house?! My family :)

If I had a couple extra thousand dollars lying around, I'd buy the newest from the Aurora line. Yes, my daughter's name is Aurora, but I SWEAR I had no idea!!!

I realize this tells you nothing, really, but I hope it does confirm my love of sewing, and my obsession with Bernina's. After all, shouldn't everyone have at least 1 obsession in their life?

No comments:

Post a Comment